Battlefield 3’s latest map expansion Close Quarters has been released coming with 4 new maps, 2 new game types and 10 new weapons available through new in game assignments. Also as part of this update includes in game updates for weapons and equipment and the release of the premium member option.
The Close Quarters maps are exactly as the name says these are small maps with the all new HD destruction which lets you reduce almost anything to nothing. This makes gameplay extremely fast at times that all you can do is just shoot at anything that moves.
For these maps they have introduced 2 new game types Conquest Domination and Gun Master.
- Conquest Domination – Just like normal conquest but capturing a point takes no time at all.
- Gun Master – A variation from Call of Duty where everyone starts with the same and progresses to a new gun after 2 kills. This moves from pistols through to only your knife. This can be rather fun but a random variation of the weapons could make it more interesting.
Also as part of this update they released their new Premium option for players. This for a small fee gives you access to exclusive items;
- All Five Expansion Packs with Early Access
- Stand out with Exclusive in-game items
- Powerful New Features
- Exclusive Online Double XP Events
- Insider Tactics from DICE
But most importantly you get a really cool looking knife.
So if you are a fan and have continued to play Battlefield 3 the premium option if for you. The cost savings in the long run will be good, I know $50 does seem high but the map packs alone are expected to set you back at least $75.
As always if you want to join me and my friends, come join the Neo-Terran Front Platoon (NTF) –
Here is the release trailer for the Close Quarters expansion;